Houston Golf Association Membership Updates
At the HGA town hall meeting held on Nov. 2, 2017 at the David Shindeldecker Campus, Steve Timms announced changes to membership as approved by the HGA Board of Directors. The resulting recommendation is to offer a simplified path to membership, with little to no barriers, to help the organization grow and meet the needs of the community through its outreach programs.
All existing HGA members will have the option to renew at three new levels: $100 Annual Membership, $1000 one-time Legacy Membership, or an annual $5000 membership to the Chairman’s Circle. HGA Honorary and Life Members will maintain their status. In order to volunteer for the Houston Open, you must also separately register and pay for tournament uniforms. A notification will prompt your online renewal and registration process early January 2018.
$100 Annual Membership
- Official golf bag tag
- Opportunity to become a Houston Open tournament volunteer
- Member-exclusive offer on discounted Houston Open hospitality tickets
- Member rate at Gus Wortham Park Golf Course
$1000 Legacy Membership
- Annual member benefits for life
- Official memento
- Recognition in the Houston Open Pairings Guide and Year in Review
- Invitation to the annual Houston Open volunteer party
Excludes parking, must be Houston Open volunteer to receive uniform and parking
$5000 Chairman’s Circle
- Life member benefits
- Chairman’s credential granting access to the Chairman’s Club at the Houston Open and parking
- Invitation to the annual Houston Open Volunteer Party
Changes to membership were decided based on the extensive evaluation and recommendations of a membership advisory committee comprising of a diverse group of HGA members, including Henry Noey, Chair, Mike Yeager, Darrell James, Veronica Levet, Cory Miller, Ben Beverly, Michael Sandeen, Rob Hungate and Meg Leechman.
The ultimate goal of the new path to membership is to create more opportunities for youth and communities to benefit from golf. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.